Sunday, October 9, 2011

Real Housewives of New Jersey Finale

Oh my God. I just got done watching the RHONJ Finale and I am sick to my stomach.

I was SO happy to see the family reunite and take the family picture. It almost brought tears to my eyes, so cute! I had the pleasure of meeting Teresa's mom and Joe Giudice's mom this past weekend (more to come in a separate blog) and they are so sweet. I asked Teresa's mom about the family and you can tell she is hurting that they are fighting like this. It's so sad to think that after seeing them spend what looks like 7 months trying to fix this family relationship on Season 3, it will all be torn apart again in Season 4. Such is the storyline of reality television.


Caroline, Caroline, Caroline. I don't know what to say about the end of this episode. It was so sad. I can say that in the episode, the way that Lauren was reading the cookbook, she made it out to be offensive. Personally, I own the book and have read it cover-to-cover. Teresa makes it clear that she was joking. I didn't find it offensive towards Caroline or her kids then, and I still don't find it offensive now. Teresa's right - they need to lighten up!


Melissa and Kathy also had their comments about what was written in the cookbook. Melissa took the high road and decided not to mention anything to Joe Gorga about it in an effort to stop drama. Kathy took the same road too. Rich had a somewhat funny joke when he pretended to throw the book in the garbage.

I liked how Melissa and Kathy kind of took the high road with regard to the comments in the book, but NO ONE made an effort to approach Teresa about it except for Jacqueline. It's evident from recent news that Jacqueline's attempt to salvage a friendship with Teresa is over. However, she made an attempt and I applaud her for that.


The reunion next week looks INSANE. Reunions are my favorite thing. EVER. Jacqueline definitely did not attend. We saw Teresa saying "She started something, she should have finished it." TRUE. We also saw Caroline yelling at Teresa as if she were Danielle from last season. Really, Caroline? You hate Teresa that much? What did she do to you besides this nonsense you call bashing in her cookbook?

I honestly think that Caroline is looking for a reason to hate Teresa because she likes Melissa so much. I just don't get it. No one has a sense of loyalty in New Jersey. Everyone is so quick to jump ship.

The reunion looks amazing, but the drama makes me sick to my stomach... can't it end? OMG...

2 comments:

  1. Hmmm..Mr. Tyler I might have to disagree with you on this one. Why did Teresa put anecdotes of other people's family in her cookbook? I guess she considers the Manzo's family, but she did take some digs at them. I doubt Teresa is so talented at comedy and writing that she was able take Caroline's 1/16th (or whatever) Italian heritage, her "Olive Garden" food and her son's idiotic business and turn it into a joke rather than a roast (no pun intended). But since I love Teresa, I will give her the benefit of the doubt that we don't know what was said before and after those comments (editing on producers part). Maybe they were funny...but I know I wouldn't like to be called Olive Garden Italian. Oooppfff, what an insult.

    Agreed that Caroline is looking for a way out of her relationship with Teresa. I think Caroline's family has a strong reputation to uphold especially considering they have the banquet hall. I could see Caroline saying how the cooking comment might affect business. Not sure.

    I also cannot wait for the reunion. Caroline is going to be logical, cutting and to-the-point and Teresa is going to be offended and flipping tabled (if there are any). We all love good drama that's not ours.

    Always love your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah I totally agree with you, when you look at it in the episode.. it's offensive and flat out mean. They make it seem like she went out of her way to bash Caroline and her family. I read the whole thing even before I saw this episode. I never saw and I still don't really see it as offensive or mean. She ties it into what she is trying to say. It's not bashing, it's really making jokes about being Italian. I guess it just so happens the jokes she made brought her back to her time on Rachael Ray w Caroline? Who knows. The way in which she presents it makes it obvious that she is joking, though

    ReplyDelete